Our favourite, current food trend is ‘Informal feasting’, where guests sit at long tables and enjoy sharing plates with charred meats, fish, artisan breads and relishes, with the table dressed with eclectic crockery and glassware.
These menus will be served down the tables for guests to graze, with sauces & relishes to complement and food presented on natural woods, slates and colourful glassware. It of course can also be plated.
Flat breads olives, hummus, tzatziki & oils set down the tables.
“SURF & TURF “
Charred Shropshire beef sliders; Tiger prawn brochette with burnt limes; Crispy onion rings; Peppercorn sauce or Thermidor sauce; Buckets of Fries On the side.
Charred shoulder of pulled lamb nicoise; Sun soaked Mediterranean vegetables; Minted feta crumbs;Fresh raspberry & bruised mint jus; Garlic crispy potatoes.
Moroccan spatch cock chicken Ottelengie style; Hot & spicy potato salad; Flat breads.
Whole baked stuffed salmon; Shrimp butter sauce; Wilted spinach & kale; Charred tiger prawns & burnt limes.
Comfit duck leg; Pulled mini duck and cherry pie; Braised garden vegetables; Pomme puree.
Homemade bangers & sage celeriac mash; Crispy onion rings; Peas & pods; Red wine shallot gravy.
Red Thai curry; Fragrant jasmine rice; Crispy sweet corn & coriander fritters; Jewelled late summer salad; Mango & ginger salsa.
All served with wonderful salad accompaniments:
- Charred fennel & asparagus, broad beans & runners, peas & pods, caramelised shallots, wild young rocket & pink chard, roast rack of cherry tomatoes’, shavings of parmesan, aged balsamic;
- French bean, mange tout, hazelnuts & blood orange dressing;
- Char grilled, asparagus, courgettes, aubergine fritters, pine nut brittle, aged balsamic;
- Mostly herbs & edible flowers, wild rocket & watercress, roast almonds & pomegranate, scented basil oil, cracked pepper;
- Caramelized Mediterranean vegetables, wilted basil & mint, infused feta & smashed herb crus, peas & pods, broad beans & pea shoots, caramelized little gems, fennel & burnt limes;
- Wild rocket & radicchio, red onion, orange & charred fennel, glazed Charente’s carrots with cardamom & ginger;
- Indian pickled aubergine with egg, basil and cardamom seed on coriander scented leaves and a sour cream and mint dressing;
- Thai slaw crisp & spicy exotic fruits, ginger & garlic mayo;
- Separate dressings to complement;
- Slates of artisan breads & flavoured butters.
To discuss your informal feasting menu, please get in touch, these are only ideas we can of course create something perfect for your occasion.